Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Still Here

Just started a new semester last week. Lots of new stuff (like a new apartment). Lots to be excited about, including grad school applications. It seems to be moving pretty fast, and pretty soon it'll be over.

I sent off the manuscript for "It Came upon the Midnight Clear," to a publisher. It should get there this week. Now, I wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . .

In the meantime, I'm working on some other projects. I was approached by a member of BYU Singers who wanted to commission me to write a piece for her (maybe in time for her Senior Recital). We talked about possible texts, her desire for the outcome, and the intricate details of her range. We have yet to come to a firm agreement about the details of the commission, but I'm pretty much on board.

Also, I'm tossing around some ideas for choir pieces in the future. Some really great texts and sounds in my head, but that's all they are right now, in my head. I've tried to get some of these things down, but just had a difficult time. One of these Saturdays.

No comments: