Monday, December 21, 2009

BIG NEWS! "Midnight Clear," to Air Nationally on "Performance Today"

I'm back in California, visiting my brother and his family for Christmas. It's beautiful, like 60 degrees and sunny. I walked outside in shorts and was just fine. Gonna go to the beach tomorrow and get a bagel with smoked salmon with cream cheese. Happy Winter Solstice everybody! Anyway, on to the real stuff.

I just got an email from Dr. Staheli telling me that my piece was submitted by KBYUFM to American Public Media’s Performance Today for their Christmas Eve program. They collect different pieces from university Christmas programs and select a few of them to air on their program. Well, one of the pieces selected to air on their Christmas Eve program was the BYU Singers performance of "It Came upon the Midnight Clear."

Is this really happening? I think my head just exploded! I'm feeling the same way about this as when Dr. Staheli asked me if BYU Singers would perform it for this year's Christmas concert. It doesn't feel real. I have to stop and just make sure that I'm not making things up.

Well, in any case, I've learned that one of the best antidotes/vaccines for an inflated ego/swollen head is work. I've still got a lot of work to do. I'll be giving updates throughout the break. And we'll see if I can take out some time to go surfing down in Santa Cruz.

1 comment:

Cheesecake Momma said...

That is AWESOME Matt!! Congrats! We love the song!