Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Disappointing Baseball Game

Tonight I went to go see the Oakland A's at McAfee Stadium (smelly place) with some friends. I'm pretty disappointed. I don't know what the problem is, but we played bad the whole night. It seemed like every inning we got three outs in five minutes or less. What's going on here? These aren't the A's I remember. Granted I have been away at school and Ireland for the past five years, I just thought our team was better than this. I guess that's why the tickets cost $2 and the hot dogs were $1 each. Can't beat that. Even still, the stadium wasn't even half full (or half empty).

I'd probably be more disappointed if Baseball was my favorite sport. Football (or what the U.S. calls Soccer) on the other hand is my favorite sport to watch. I can get pretty involved with it, if we Americans ever played it or broadcast it on TV. I don't even know how to tune in for the EuroCup! I've gotta change that. I haven't gotten my "footie fix" for quite a while, and I'm feeling it. There's nothing quite like a good ol' game of football, but then again, every sport has it's perk.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Come over to London. Then you can watch the Euro2008 all you want! And you could visit me too.