Saturday, July 19, 2008

Le Sacre du printemps

Everyone wants to have some sort of exclusive hold on music that most of their peers have never heard of. To listen to something that no one else is listening to. For me, that's classical music.

Here's a video I found of the LA Philharmonic playing one of my favorite sections from "The Rite of Spring" by Igor Stravinsky. It was taken from their Grand Opening of the Walt Disney Concert Hall (which is a phenomenal concert hall both esthetically and acoustically). Enjoy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I hear that song all I see is dinosaurs in my head being killed by the meteor!

I love that song though because of how powerful it is and how it affected audiences when it first premiered. What amazing stuff!

Kellie said...

I. Freakin. LOVE. This. Piece.