Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Musings

Wow, today is such a beautiful day. First of all the weather here in California here is just so beautiful, but also, today's just been a great day all around. I spent at least two hours on the phone with my sister in Boston. It was a great time chattin' it up. One of those genuinely lifting conversations where both parties end up learning so much. Also, I've got good friends around to lift me up and keep me on my feet.

I listed out all the music that I've started sketching out but haven't completed yet. There's about 8 pieces in total. Some of them are short, but others a quite long. It's a bit daunting, and I'm kinda thinking to myself "Where did all these come from?" and "Where in the world do I start?" I don't see it as overwhelming. I'd like to finish two, maybe three by the end of summer.

I'm still quite busy, and there are bumps in the road, but I'm very happy. In fact, I don't remember being this happy in a long time. I'm just genuinely happy, not just temporarily amused. I don't really know how else to express it. I have a lot to be grateful for.

No comments: