Sunday, August 31, 2008

Leaving California

Well, I've moved back up to school now, and am twisted with mixed emotions.

I love to travel. I love to pack up and go, but moving is much more different. Picking up everything and moving becomes the most stressful times in my life. I've been doing in constantly for the past five years and will continue to do it for a long while still.

Going home to California for the summer was exactly what I needed at the time. I had such a great time and unwound from a stressful semester (and year). My trepidations of returning home after a long time away evaporated when I made new friends and reunited with old. My desire to root myself in the area came in conflict with my knowledge that I'd be leaving at the end of summer.

At the same time I've got some exciting possibilities for this semester. I've got lotsa friends up here that I really wanted to see again. I'm learning something that I love. There are so many good things about this school.

I'm divided between wanting to stay home in California or going to school in Utah. I've got friends in both places and reasons to be in either place. This internal conflict is nothing new but presently stings more than usual.

I'll just have to keep busy.

No comments: